Week of May 4- May 10

Good morning everyone!

This week I wanted to try a game of BINGO with you all! I have placed 24 different activities on a bingo board below. Every time you participate in an activity for AT LEAST 10 minutes you can cross the box off! If you get 5 in a row you win a virtual high five! Five in a row can be diagonal, horizontal, or vertical lines! This is a great way to try new things and to switch up some of the routines we have created. Even if you do not know how to do an activity listed, I want you to try to practice the basics of it!

*Please note: for the climbing and Parkour/free running activities; please make safe choices. If you do not have a play structure, or rock wall, or small tree to climb you should try a different activity. Parkour and free running are a combination of slightly different movements of running, climbing and jumping from one point to another as quickly as possible. Please do not do extreme hardcore parkour- let’s be safe and creative- make your own course! *

CHALLENGE OF THE WEEK

It has been so hard for me to motivate myself to try new things recently. Motivation is the drive or want to do something. We sometimes feel motivated to play hard in games to win, or to beat our last score, or to achieve a goal we made. When we are stuck in quarantine doing the same things over and over it can be really hard to feel motivated. You aren’t alone! This week I would like to give you a few options to try at home to improve in areas that we touched upon this year in class.

Dribbling a ball with your hands

Level 1

Level 2

Dribbling a ball with your feet

Level 1

Level 2:

Level 3

See how many juggles you can get in a row! I’ll post my best score from this week in next week’s blog post! Stay tuned for some upcoming posts about striking using implements including bats, racquets and paddles!

Have a healthy and active week!

Coach Sadie